Charlotte, Houston, Milwaukee Prehospital EMS Research Node (CHaMP E-RNC)
Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW)
E. Brooke Lerner, PhD
Goals and Objectives:
The overall goal of this project is to develop an EMS Research Node Center (E-RNC) integrated with the Pediatric Emergency Care Applied Research Network (PECARN) that will conduct innovative and significant prehospital-based pediatric research. To accomplish this goal we will complete the following objectives:
- Establish the infrastructure for an E-RNC called Charlotte, Houston, and Milwaukee Prehospital (CHaMP) Research Node, which will include three EMSAs.
- Contribute to the science of prehospital pediatric care through the submission of specific research concepts to PECARN.
- Complete a pilot project within the project period that demonstrates the ability of the EMSAs to collect data.
- Obtain funding for a specific large scale project.
Emergency Medical Services Affiliates (EMSAs):
- Milwaukee County EMS, Milwaukee, WI
- Mecklenburg EMS Agency (Medic), Charlotte, NC
- Houston Fire Department EMS, Houston, TX